Plans, directs, and coordinates project activities, acting as primary customer contact and ensuring project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for budget, schedule, and project reports for assigned projects
• Reviews project concept, budget, and schedule for customer spec compliance
• Establishes work plan, staffing, duties/responsibilities, and schedule for assigned projects
• Negotiates with department coordinators for staff assignments to the project team
• Ensures compliance with all required specifications
• Assists Purchasing with price, warranty, and delivery issues for assigned projects
• Follows established procedures and work instructions outlined in the ISO quality system database and BPPB
• Monitors and coordinates milestone approvals and ensure milestone approval by the management
• Reviews project schedules, mechanical/electrical designs, team meeting notes, and final documentation package and organize project review meetings
• Establishes and maintains timely written communications with all team members and backup of all documents to the server
• Conducts team meetings on a weekly basis to review project status and to provide information and guidance to team members
• Handles and completes project modification forms and obtains management approval
• Identifies and presents non-conforming issues to sales and applications engineering, and works with engineer to develop a plan of action
• Reports non-conforming issues to the management including action plans to rectify
• Procures and evaluates (with QA’s assistance) customer-supplied product to be run
• Coordinates with QA all machine acceptance activities (develop matrix, conduct internal and customer runs, document results)
• Ensures “ship to” documentation is complete and correct
• Provides strong leadership to team; mediates and resolves team conflicts
• Assists department assistant with installation and service call responsibilities
• Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition
• Coordinate with IXNA, BBS, IXMY to understand customer expectation (schedule, specification, budget, service, etc.)
• Refer to the main project schedule to establish own plan ((schedule, specification, budget, service, etc.)
• Keep communication and update the project plan
• To make a costing calculation and make proposal/Quotation
• To foresee risk and take earlier action
• Enhance internal communication and establish a good team work
• Comprehensive management in Resource / Cost / Schedule control.
• Make sure project quality will meet customer specification
• Customer satisfaction management
• Project change management
• Involve technical issue in trouble shooting, solution, execution and check result.
• Keep high enthusiasm; be flexible and willing to change.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge (Requirement)
• Good communication skill with customer, supplier and internally.
• Good English skill in Speaking and Listening as well as Reading, Writing.
• Experience working with foreigner as colleague or customer is preferred
• Be aggressive in supplier, costing, schedule and quality management.
• Be Good at project change and customer satisfactory management
• PMP qualification is preferred.
• Relative working experience is preferred
• Be willing to work in customer site （Pearl River Delta Region）for a long time （could be more than 1 year ）.
• B.S. degree in Engineering, Project Management, Engineering Technology, or equivalent
• Three to five years managing a wide variety of custom automation projects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Strong management, organizational, and communication skills
• Strong computer skills — word processing, spreadsheet, MS Project