1.0 The SMT engineer is mainly for Siemens/DEK/GSM/MPM/VCD Sequencer(programming, maintenance & installation etc.), he/she also needs to have SMT knowledge & experience too.
1. Design and write manufacturing procedures for each individual product produced in the SMT area.
2. Design and write procedures for operating and maintaining all machines, ensure all staff adhere to these procedures.
3. Ensure SMT systems and procedures adhere to the QMS system and ISO 9002 standards.
4. Recruit and train all SMT personnel.
5. Be responsible for the purchase and care of all machine peripheral devices for example, stencils, all spare parts and software maintenance.
6. Be responsible for all machines in the SMT area, ensuring their care, efficient operation and integrity.
7. Maintain a logging procedure for machine breakdowns, down time and spare parts cost.
8. Write the product programs for the printer, placement machines and thermal profile of the reflow oven.
9. Maintain a backup system for all programs.
10. Ensure all product output by the SMT area adheres to ISO quality standards.
11. Provide feedback to other TT departments and customers on issues such as DFM, continuos improvement, build efficiency.
12. In conjunction with the Production Planning Dept. schedule production through the SMT area.
13. Provide Labour & Machines quotations for Sales Department (from UK).
14. Familiarise themselves with,and confirm to EHS policy,report all accidents,incidents,near misses and damage to their team leader or manager.