1. Work with our customers and sales staff to develop our products for their applications.
2. Involved in the selection of new processes and equipment for Fasteners (Forming, Stamping, Tapping, Assembly, Machining etc.)
3. Contribute to & recommend continuous improvement projects.
3.1 Investigate & implement process changes for cost and quality improvement
3.2 Make recommendations as we strive to achieve 1 pc flow
3.3 Participate in Lean committees to improve procedures and reduce cost
3.4 Track / record savings realized on implemented projects
4. Design tooling and gaging for new products
4.1 Maintenance ERP systems( Items master, BOM, Master Routers and Routers)
4.2 May occasionally design automation to integrate multiple machining
5. Participate in customer problem solving resolution following 8D & 5Y guideline
6. Assist setup personal in startup of new products
7. Assist in measuring, testing and data collection of development parts & operating equipment as necessary to achieve engineering goals and project timing
8. Participate in process review for new product quotation process
9. Estimate cycle times, progressions and weights
10. Follow Engineering work instruction documents, EHS and quality systems
11. Familiar with AS9100, APQP, FMEA, etc.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned
Experience & Skills & Background:
- 5 plus years'''''''' experience with fasteners and joint design Cold and/or Hot forming principles
- 4 year Bachelor''''''''s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent communication skill in English
- 3D (Solid works preferred), AutoCAD and office software