General Summary/Scope 基本描述
The function of the Assembly and Service Engineer will be to; 1) assemble necessary parts and components for small and final mechanical/electrical assemblies and subsequently install and assemble these in order to produce a Belvac machine, based on provided engineering prints and work instructions, 2) test completed machines to specified criteria using test equipment and protocols, 3) debug machine or machine assemblies, and 4) as a secondary responsibility, provide field service support for installation, commissioning and service repairs of Belvac Machines for the Asian market This job will require willingness to mainly travel within the Asian market with some other international travel.
This position requires the individual to have a valid passport without travel restrictions and a current country of residence driver’s license without restrictions.
Major Responsibilities/Duties 工作职责 % of Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Primary (Assembly) Responsibilities:
• It is every Belvac Employee’s responsibility to be aware of and work with Belvac’s current documented Quality Management System as it pertains to their job requirements.
• Interpret blueprints and constructs assemblies or machines in accordance with assembly and Belvac quality policies
• Install components and assemblies to meet customer requirements and engineering drawings
• Complete documentation for customer buy-off and quality policies
• Assist in maintaining stock of frequently used parts
• Uses specialized tools – dial indicators, calipers and micrometers
• Debugging of machines or assembly mechanical/electrical problems
• Completes run-in and test criteria of completed machines or assemblies according to written protocols utilizing test fixtures and gauges
• Drills and taps holes
• Provide troubleshooting capabilities to correct machine/component/electrical problems
• Follows written and verbal instructions
• Knowledge of use of lifting device
• Strong communication skills
Secondary (Field) Responsibilities:
• Performing Electrical & Mechanical Service including, but not limited to, installation, training and troubleshooting on all Belvac Production Machinery equipment.
• Identify opportunities for improvement through our quality system
• Submit reports to the appropriate staff managers regarding significant occurrences and or trends or transitions in the customer environment.
• Provide machine audits and record all related data in the appropriate departmental log.
• Provide appropriate technical and expense reports.
Principal Working Relationship:
Global Manager Technical Service, Director of China Business Operations, Service Coordinator China, Customers, Electrical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering Personnel, Manufacturing/Assembly Personnel, Sales and Marketing Personnel
Key Requirements 主要要求
Education教育背景: Associate or similar degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology or similar and/or 6 years electrical/mechanical assembly/maintenance experience
Experience & Skills经验&技能:
Experience Desired - General:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
• Fluent in the knowledge and use of typical Microsoft Office software applications
• Knowledge of CE (European Safety Standards) and OSHA/NFPA is a plus
• Experience and knowledge in the assembly of mechanical assemblies and machines
• Experience and knowledge of general mechanical assembly tools and equipment
• Use of desktop and laptop computer and systems to record labor hours, capture labor costs, access drawings/blueprints, access parts and parts inventory, e-mail communications, use of Microsoft Office applications, and other associated computer activity
Experience Desired – Electrical:
• One year minimum experience with PLC’s
• One year of hands-on experience with electrical assemblies
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
• Ability to use and interpret basic electrical digital and analogue measurement/test devices
Experience Desired – Mechanical:
• Three years experience in mechanical assembly of production machinery
• Three years maintenance and troubleshooting experience with production machinery
• Rotary machinery is a plus
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical prints
• Ability to use and interpret mechanical and digital measuring devices
Physical Requirements 身体要求:
• Although all production areas have overhead cranes, on occasion employees may choose to lift items by hand for convenience. It is the responsibility of all employees to follow proper lifting techniques and seek help or utilize mechanical lifting aids as appropriate to avoid potential injury
• Extended periods of time standing
• Must be able to bend and kneel freely
• Good eye sight
• Operate fork trucks