(A) Principal Responsibilities :-
• Provide industrial design solution from the sketch to fully work out product.
• Perform product study and market research.
• Conceptualize product ideas through sketching, computer modelling/rendering and model making.
• Prepare presentations for proposals to clients
• To follow up with external subcontractors for mock-up model making
• Prepare for presentation and help the Manager in making the presentation
• Liaise with mechanical design section as well as other departments within Interplex Engineering as may be required
• Look after aesthetic level quality of designs generated
• Keep time chart and update schedule for the project team
• Supervise Industrial Designer(s), Assistant Industrial Designer(s) and Student Trainees as, may be required
• Check time chart kept by project leaders / prepare time chart for project team if appointed Project Leader
• Advise Industrial Designers on First level decision making on day to day activities
• Prepare the schedule and program together with Manager (ID)
• Check through updated the schedule prepared by Project Leaders as may be required
• Assist the Manager in resource planning and budgeting
(C) Education :
• Minimum Requirement : BS or MS in Industrial design
(D) Working Experience Requirements
• Minimum Requirement : 3-5 year of experience in a similar position
(E) Job Knowledge & Skills
Part I : a) Knows
• Sketching, Rendering, Advanced 2D Vector Graphic Skill,
• Foam Modeling, Advanced 3D Surface Modeling, Advanced level Presentation and Writing skills
• Supervise a team of designers, Give out work outline,
• Knowledge of manufacturing and materials,
• Knowledge of QA, DFMA and FMEA, and ability to apply Ergonomics.