Objecitive for the position:
Ensure access to and conduct scientific work related to identification and characterization of fish pathogens found in Chinese aquaculture farming.
Describe area of responsibility and authority:
To be responsible for the scientific work (analysis and reporting of results) conducted with fish pathogens and establish network with Chinese scientific aquaculture institutions in order to initiate research projects related to fish health issues.
Main tasks for the position:
• Participate in the establishment of a functional microbiological laboratory in Suzhou.
• Ph.D./Master of science (preferably within Aquatic microbiology).
• Conduct standard microbiological analytical tests in order to be able to identify microbiological characteristics (phenotype & genotype).
• Ensure access to and ownership of bacterial isolates collected from commercial fish farms during clinical outbreaks under field conditions.
• When appropriate, participate during sampling of bacterial isolates from commercial fish farms in China.