Duke Kunshan University (DKU) is seeking applications for one open position as Instructors for Chemistry Teaching Labs at its interdisciplinary liberal arts Undergraduate Program (UG). We provide an international and vibrant working environment with career pathways in either teaching or administrative directions. Salary is internationally competitive and commensurate with experience and education background. Successful candidates will be supporting course instructions of laboratory sessions as well as undergraduate research in the UG Division of Natural and Applied Sciences (DNAS).
Duke Kunshan University is a partnership of Duke University, Wuhan University, and the Municipality of Kunshan, China. DKU located in Kunshan China, about 30 km ｆｒｏｍ Shanghai. DKU offers a series of graduate degree programs and launches its undergraduate degree program in 2018. Our campus provides an innovative, interdisciplinary undergraduate liberal arts experience to a student body that will number 2000 students and 150+ faculty, with a student body represented by over 60 countries. The Instructors for Teaching Labs will play an important role in delivering integrated and interdisciplinary teaching for the new UG program and contribute to the development of undergraduate research. Review of applications will begin on Dec 1, 2022 and last until the position is filled.
Chair of Division of Natural and Applied Sciences
1. Support lab instructions under supervision of the course instructors, to support science courses on the DKU campus in China.
2. Teach the lab within the context of the course and provide a constant presence in labs.
3. Introduce lab activities when appropriate.
4. Ensure the students understand the issues of experimental design, error in measurement, data analysis, and control treatments or conditions.
5. Ensure safe lab practices.
6. Support undergraduate research in collaboration with faculty members in the division
7. Assist in grading lab notebooks when requested.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows and complexity in its programs.
1. Candidates must hold a M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in a relevant discipline, including but not limited to chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, environmental science. Teaching experience is desirable, as is experience working in labs in an international setting.
2. Willing to work in a multidisciplinary and intercultural environment.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are desirable.
4. Good organizational skills and knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, and procedures.
5. Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
How to Apply:
Application Process: Please apply via the online portal
Application Process: submit English resume, a letter of Interest, and arrange 2-3 recommendation letters
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.