Duke Kunshan University is looking for a communication professional to lead the University’s digital and research communications.
The candidate will manage the University’s overseas social media accounts and tell stories that speak to our audience and attract more followers. The candidate will also serve as editor of the university’s research communications, and work with people and programs across and beyond the University to convey understanding and inspire excitement about our research activities and findings through traditional and new ways of communication.
Senior Director, Communications & Public Affairs
1. Develop and implement social media strategies to align with communications goals.
2. Generate, edit, and share engaging content regularly, such as news, photos, and videos.
3. Supervise student interns tasked with contributing to the university’s overseas social media accounts.
4. Engage the audience and respond to queries on social medial platforms.
5. Monitor mentions of the organization online, and track and monitor activity on social media.
6. Stay up-to-date with current social media trends, technologies and audience preferences, and develop and maintain a social media best practices guideline for Duke Kunshan University.
7. Write and produce research-related content to engage and inform our audiences about the University’s research findings and accomplishments.
8. Serve as chief editor of the University’s research communications and handle other editorial and related duties.
9. Build and maintain solid working relationships with subject matter experts and research writing & communication communities.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
11. University employees' job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above.
2. A minimum of eight years of work experience in journalism or communications is preferred.
3. Native English speaker required. Non-native speakers with exceptional English language capabilities will also be considered.
4. Excellent English writing, editing and proofreading skills.
5. Collaborative team player who can also motivate students and colleagues.
6. Minimum requirements may be met by an equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills.
How to Apply:
Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
Please find this position on DKU employment website and directly apply there.